Both teams competed in four regional qualifying events. Team 2854 A was ranked 5th in the Space City HS EDR Tournament and was able to compete in the quarterfinals. Team 2854 B was able to advance to the quarter finals in three out of four tournaments, and while at the tournament hosted by Montgomery High School, advance to the finals.
Due to a strong showing at these regional competitions, Team 2854 B was able to secure an invitation to the South Texas State Championship through their skills score ranking. This ranking is calculated as a combination score of programming and driving skills. During the qualifying matches of the state tournament, the team went 6-2 which set their rank to 3rd place in the division. The team was able to create an alliance with a complementary robotics team, devise a strong strategic plan, and advance to the final round of their division (overall semi-finalist), which allowed them to advance to the VEX Robotics World Championship which will be held in Louisville, Kentucky from April 24 – 27.
Team 2854 B Accomplishments:
- Ranked # 20 in Texas for Skills (combined coding and driving)
- Ranked # 276 in the US for Skills (combined coding and driving)
- Ranked # 347 in the World for Skills (combined coding and driving)
- Regional Tournament Quarter Finalist (three times)
- Regional Tournament Finalist
- South Texas State Tournament Semi Finalist
- World Championship Qualification